Monday, June 27, 2011

We're back from our trip to my hometown. If you don't already know both Ed and myself are transplants to the big city, we grew up in different but similarly sized places and we are frequently on the road traveling back to our hometowns to see family and friends. 

This weekend we were visiting my parents and partaking in some small town charm, we attended a parade made up of tractors, horses, classic cars, and shriners in tiny cars. Buzz was able to hang out with some cousins and watch the entire parade with great enthusiasm. He spent the entire time pointing to everything that went by.




The rest of the weekend was spent around the city and at my parents house. As usual we went shopping at the thrift stores (more on my finds later) and came back to Toronto with way more stuff then we took on our trip. What took up the most room in the car on the way back was a rather large bag of yarn. My mom picked up this great find at a thrift store for less than $10, an amazing find. After going through it all it was very obviously one persons entire collection, or at least a huge part of it. Many of them are actually vintage yarns and there are enough of some of the colours for larger projects, they are all in next to new condition. I am beyond excited about the variety of colours as I simply can't find these shades in my local store, and the price was quite obviously right. The picture below is probably less than a quarter of all that was in the bag, I can't wait to get started on some crochet projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment