Friday, June 10, 2011

something pretty

Something pretty: my very own raincloud in my hallway, complete with raindrops. You may have seen the fabric pigeons that I did on Buzz's door but this was my first fabric cornstarch project. I can see it from where I sit typing at the computer and I love it. We didn't think that we should put any nails into this particular wall because there is a fuse box located on the other side of the wall so a cornstarch fabric decal was the perfect solution. My sister gave me the polka dot fabric ages ago and I love it so much but have found it difficult to sew with as it is quite thin. Being thin however makes this fabric perfect for use as a decal, I love the way that it turned out. Its surprising how lovely a little raincloud can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment