Friday, June 10, 2011

stormy weather, wonderful results

Summer storms have brought some wonderful surprises, the garden is growing like crazy and today Buzz and I found caterpillars! He isn't all that fond of creepy crawlies yet but he was a little fond of the fuzzy caterpillars.

Take a look at the crazy awesome lettuce in my garden. This batch was the result of Buzz getting his hands on a packet of seeds and spilling them everywhere. We now have a patch of lettuce next to the neat and tidy square foot lettuce. It tastes great, I've have a couple of leaves but I haven't yet convinced Buzz to try it. He found it quite amusing that I was eating something from the garden though, it would seem that he hasn't quite grasped the concept of where food comes from. He is only 2 after all so I will forgive him that.

No comments:

Post a Comment