Monday, June 13, 2011

While at the garden today I ate the first strawberry of the season, it was awesome, everything a fresh from the garden strawberry should be. Luckily this won't be the last, there is another almost ready and hopefully it will be just as tasty. Also the peonies in the other gardens are in bloom and everywhere you look there is a burst of colour and beautiful bloom, its wonderful. The best thing about having a plot at a community garden is that I get to enjoy all the other gardens that are there as well. Some gardens are for vegetables only, others have berries and some have flowers. I love seeing what people use to make fences, from chicken wire and lumber to collected branches and scrap pieces of plastic construction netting, the ingenuity of my fellow gardeners is impressive. When I joined the community garden there were very few rules, I could plant what I wanted, however I wanted. The variety of the garden plots around me is really lovely and interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment